On January 13, 2011, I started. I uploaded 15,000 photos into LightRoom.
I had really never taken the time to delete all the blurry ones, the ones where someone's eyes are closed, or any image for that matter.
Today, I finished. The sorting, editing, keywording and prioritizing of over 18,000 digital photos are done! The extra 2500 photos are the ones I have taken since January 13th.
What remains are 3936 good photos!
What I have Learned:
- It really is easier to sort and delete images just after I have taken them.
- I like to upload to Flickr as soon as I have uploaded the pictures into the computer. I am comforted in knowing they immediately backed up and not be concerned about when my online backup or upload to my EHD are done.
- I prefer my Flickr privacy setting to allow my friends and family access to my images. Comments from absolute strangers about my photos creeps me out.
- I was more overwhelmed with having to sort the last 200 than I was with 10,000!
So, on June 17th, I am vowing to continue to keep my current images sorted with real-time purging.
Now, it's onto the pre-2008 photo set!
I just bought LR a month or so ago and I'm just cringing at adding all of my photos. That plus trying to learn LR. LOL UGH!
ReplyDeletegreat job! can you teach my husband how to let go of the blurry ones?
ReplyDelete