I am mourning the end of LOAD May11.
LOAD May11 was my second LOAD experience.
I miss the prompts.
I miss the pressure I put on myself to make my page each day.
I miss all my friends that I connected with each day
through comments on each others' pages.
Here are a few of the pages I made during this LOAD.
(To see a larger image of the page, double click on it.
Enjoy!
The Prompt of Using Embellishments to Adorn The Page:
The Prompt of Creating a Black and White Layout:
And then, sometimes I just feel like doing what I want.
This was totally a scraplift.
The Prompt of Using White Space:
Another Page of my Own Idea
This page is so unlike me.
My goal was to create a fun page to commemorate the Royal Wedding.
A second page will have wedding photos.
The invitees are my daughter and me.
I used a grandma's name, the name of the first pet and the name of a street where we lived.
To prove I actually create pages containing more than one photo,
here is a page from our 2008 trip to Alaska.
I worked on this album the most.
This show all of the pages I created during LOAD May 11.
I can not wait for the next LOAD!
These ladies are some of the wonderful scrapbookers
I was privileged to share my LOAD experience with.
If you have not visited their sites, hop on over and see their beautiful work!
Danielle - ecoscrapbook - http://ecoscrapbook.blogspot.com/
Jennifer - at the blue barn - http://atthebluebarn.blogspot.com
Katrina - Capture your 365 - http://captureyour365.com/category/blog/
Abbie - Happie by Abbie - http://www.happiebyabbie.blogspot.com/
Trista - The Little Things - http://www.tristahertz.typepad.com/
Lisa - Gettin' Creative - http://www.goesturbocreative.blogspot.com/
Christina - She's a Crafty Pumpkin - www.christinacostain.blogspot.com
Caroline - Pouring Over Pictures - www.pouringoverpictures.blogspot.com
YOU ARE HERE: Kathleen - Taking Pictures, Enjoying Life - jkplusthree.blogspot.com
Thanks for looking!
Great post - - I am sad that Layout-A-Day is over, too. We have so much fun, don't we!!!
ReplyDeleteCheers!
Jennifer McIntyre
@atthebluebarn
Oh Kathleen, I mourn when it's over as well! I just love the inspiration and community during LOAD. Thanks for putting this together and sharing your pages! So much talent my friend!
ReplyDeleteKathleen, thank you for sharing your talent for scrapping with us. Each page is so special! I loved your idea of capturing the entire month in one layout! Great job!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Scrapping,
Renee
LMAO! I totally missed the "Busted" layout! Hilarious! My favorites are "Unleashed" and "A Beautiful Life." I don't mourn the LOAD challenges ending (even though they're fun) and actually look forward to a scrapping break (and so does my family), but what I do mourn is the community and daily inspiration. This blog hop was a great way to get back involved with the community and thanks so much for organizing it!
ReplyDeleteI love your royal wedding page- that is so fun! Really enjoyed seeing your monthly pages, too. Kathleen, thank you so much for organizing us all to do this walk down LOAD's memory lane. I loved seeing pages I missed and hearing about everyone's experiences!
ReplyDeleteThank you for organizing this blog hop! So many things I've missed along the way that I'm glad I got to see.
ReplyDeleteYou know I think the world of your photography skills, your clean approach to scrapbooking and your strength as a woman. I am so glad that I've gotten the chance to know you over the past two LOADs. I'm hoping to see you back next February! In the meantime, I'll definitely be keeping an eye on your photostream on Flickr. Take care! Caroline
I loved the chance to see your layouts again here. I loved "Unleashed" the first time I saw and am inspired again by the vibrant colors I see today. You show a fabulous range of style in the pages in this post. Thank you for organizing today's blog hop!
ReplyDeleteI am mourning LOAD as well. But you cheered me right up when I saw your "Busted" layout. That is TOO funny!!!!
ReplyDeleteI love your style!
ReplyDeleteI a always so inspired but the LO that summarizes the month's LO's! I SO need to do that this year!!! :) You have fabulous scrapping style. LOVE your pages and your photos. Brilliant! Can't wait to see what you share with us next...
ReplyDeleteLove your layouts. I need to head back to the gallery and mark some as favs!
ReplyDeleteloving your layouts. first time on your page.. I will n ow be flowing you!! Thank you for having such a great blog hop..
ReplyDelete