Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Whew! It Has Been a LONG Time!

Google and I have been fighting for the past couple of months. My user name affiliated with my blog account escaped me. None of the user names that I came up passed through Google security. The help section was worthless. Google was happy to provide my user name and password by sending it to the e-mail address affiliated with my account. When one can not recall her user name, it is impossible to access her email to obtain their tips. We entered into a vicious menu cycling and I finally gave up.

Tonight, a different user name popped into my head. After guessing on password combinations, I did it!

I hope to be posting more frequently. Tomorrow begins my month-long journey in self portraiture through the class, Be Your Own Beloved. I knew this class was for me as soon as I saw the title, it starts with my One Little Word.

I look forward to this journey and plan to share the photos here.

On a separate note,


It is a happy time in our area. The cherry crops are being harvested. The five of us went out one Sunday and picked cherries. We came home with 21 pounds of sweets! Caroline may have eaten ten pounds herself. We gave some to friends. Jim made fabulous cherry crisp. We have had cherries in our salads. The season comes and goes so quickly, we want to take full advantage of the fresh fruit.

Local corn is starting to appear at the farm markets. The sunflowers made their appearance this week. We are so fortunate to have farmer friends who don't mind that we enter the fields to photograph the beauty. I appreciate their generosity and hope all that take in the beauty appreciate the farmers' hard work by looking but not picking the flowers.

Stay tuned for more .....

1 comment:

  1. I was picking cherries the summer Kathleen was born. The other day, I was out picking cherries again, however, this time for my sweetheart and wife Kathleen. When I returned home. I pitted about five pounds of sour cherries for the Cherry Crisp recipe. I made two batches. Just as the Crisp was coming out of the oven, Kathleen came down with the flu. UGH! Two days later when she was feeling like eating some food, I asked if she wanted some Cherry Crisp. Kathleen said, "a small slice". After she ate the small slice, she asked for another piece, but larger. I knew then that my Cherry Crisp was a huge success. Now I see in the blog it was "fabulous". Yippee Skippy! I am off to the orchard tomorrow to get more cherries for another Crisp! I love it when she loves it!! LUVU, J

    ReplyDelete