Wednesday, November 6, 2013

It's Been Too Long Since I've Scrapped ...

"Analysis Paralysis" was discussed during a recent episode of the Digi Show podcast. The term was new to me and the concept totally intrigued me. It refers to those of us who have spent time viewing others' work and admiring it to the point where we become afraid to sit down and do our own for fear that ours will not be as nice.

Wow. Analysis Paralysis struck a chord with me. I have not scrapped for about a year. I have all the supplies. I have been taking photos all along but did not prepare any layouts. I always came up with some excuse as to why I was not scrapping .... I had laundry to do, I was too tired, I was not inspired .... all of the typical excuses ... until I heard about Analysis Paralysis. It is exactly why I have not been scrapping. I just did not realize it.

I decided I was not going to let myself get away with that any more and went to work cropping.

This is the first page I completed after diagnosing myself with Analysis Paralysis. Since then, I have been working on my Project Life. It feels good to be doing scrapping again.

This layout is an assignment from Catherine Davis for her class, PROCESS, at Big Picture Classes. She created the template.

 The journaling reads: In continuing our tradition, we visited Hoxie's Farm Market for pumpkins and apples. 1. No matter how old they get, Matthew and Caroline always laugh when peeking out of the miniature barn. 2. Oh, the joys of being a girl. After playing on the pumpkin truck, Matthew jumped down. Caroline did not even have to ask. Jim put her on his shoulder and lowered her to the ground. 3. A similar picture of Matthew was taken at a pumpkin patch on Old Mission Peninsula. He was surrounded by pumpkins and had the exact same expression on his face! 4. Some years, we will take the challenge of the corn maze or take a hay ride. Some years, we buy donuts, gourds or pumpkins. We will always purchase apples for Jim's famous pies.


for inviting others to participate in their Show and Tell.

1 comment:

  1. Analysis Paralysis is something I used to suffer from too - so I feel your pain! Looks like you're off to a great start on treating your condition! ;)

    ReplyDelete