Thursday, February 17, 2011
Tough Love
Oh ... I did listen when those I know well and some I don't know so well but told me anyway to enjoy the kids when they were babies. I listened, too, when they said time goes too quickly. I listened well and I enjoyed. Jim and I both enjoyed very much.
Somewhere along the way, the kids started growing up. Habits of one were admired and mimicked by the others.
We are proud to be loving parents. I am proud to be a loving mom. I love to fuel the passions. I love to watch the minds turn. I love to see the personalities come alive. I love to celebrate the successes.
Then, there's the not to fun times ... the talking back, the challenging, the ....... ugh!
Tough love is tough. Tough on the ones on which it is imposed. Tough on those who impose it.
Will they look back and realize we had to be tough because we really do love them?
Oh, yeah ... I have to keep reminding myself .... these are the good ol' days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment