Friday, March 11, 2011
Connect
I changed my strategy. Instead of paying attention to my New Year's resolutions, I chose to go with One Little Word.
For lots of reasons, I chose "connect" as my one little word. Ali Edwards says one little word can change your life and take you to places that you do not expect.
I woke up this morning and learned of the earthquake in Japan. I felt numb. Am not sure why but I did. Maybe it's the distance, maybe it's because I can't wrap my mind around the devastation, maybe it's because I feel helpless.
As the day wore on, my planned quiet day became hectic. Somewhere along the way, I was confronted with a business decision. It's been one that has been bouncing around in my head for a while. One that is a risk.
I made the decision. I decided I was no longer going to partner with another business.
Is it financially sound? That remains to be seen.
But some things are clear. I stood up for what it right. I stood up against a bully. I stood up against poor business practices and immoral ways. I stood up for myself.
I feel better. I feel lighter. I feel I did the right thing. I connected with my true self.
Later in the day, I heard a radio show discussing the earthquake. The host discussed her belief that prayers and positive thoughts can connect to affect the world. That belief spoke to me.
In reflecting on the day, I am amazed at how my one little word remained forefront in my mind and shaped my life. For that, I am thankful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment