Today, April 2nd, is Day 550 of Capturing My Life. 550 days. Wow.
I started as a three month experiment on October 31st and never looked back. What I most appreciate are the small details of our family life that I would have missed if not for this project.
To showcase those details, I am highlighting the pictures I took for Twelve - where on the twelfth of each month during 2012, I take 12 photos of the day.
January was just a typical day running errands and getting chores done! I really can't believe I am sharing the photo of my laundry room!
To celebrate February, I located items in and around our house that were red. I am quite sure I would not ever photographed the plastic plate with the picture I drew in 1971. I smile every time I see the photograph of that plate and am so glad I took it.
In March, our boys each had a school event so I chose to take twelve intentional photos at school. I liked capturing the small details that I normally would not if I was photographing their events for a full scrapbook page. That sounds odds to me even as I write it .... but it was freeing to just shoot and know that I would end up with twelve of the every day life at school.
I have an idea of what I am going to photograph for April but after that, who knows? Part of the joy of my Capture My 365 journey is not knowing what I will shot every day. I know that I will photograph something each and every day.
I have been asked if I follow the CY 365 prompts. Some days, I do. Other days, I decide to go out on my own and find something interesting to photograph. Other days, an image appears before me that calls to be photographed and as soon as I take it, I know that I have captured my picture of the day.
The Capture Your 365 Prompt List can be found here. It is published monthly. On that same page, there is a spot to sign up to receive the daily prompts via e-mail.
Thanks for stopping by the Capture Your 365 Blog Hop.
The last stop on the hop is Katrina Kennedy who developed and maintains the wonderful website for us to share the Capturing of our 365's.
In case, anyone was missed along the way, please hop on over to visit these other talented ladies and admire their work.
Kelly - but for the Grace of God
Joscelyne - ohscrap
Sharyn - Live from TormvilleAbbie - Happie by Abbie
Janine - The Sweetest Dreams
YOU ARE HERE! -------- > Kathleen - Taking Pictures, Enjoying Life
VISIT HERE NEXT -------> Katrina - Capture Your 365
Happy Spring!
Wonderful share!! I'll have mine ready and live tomorrow morning - can't wait to see everyone's!
ReplyDeleteKathleen, I love the peek into your busy life. Messy laundry rooms...no problem. We all have them.
ReplyDeleteI really like the idea of 12 on Twelve. Love the way you've scrapped the pages.
I'm the same way with the prompts. I use them if they fit. If not, I just photograph whatever makes sense that day. This project is all about doing what works for each of us.
Thanks again for organizing the Blog Hop.!
I love seeing your photos on the board. They are always inspiring. And I especially like your 12 on Twelve. I have been really good about my picture a day, and I put my 12 on Twelve layout together on the 12th for January and February ... but March's is still waiting and here we are almost at April's! You are inspiring me to go back and get it done. Yours look great!
ReplyDeleteI love your take on the 12th of the month project! I abandoned that project last month... :)
ReplyDelete550 days... that is an accomplishment, Kathleen!
Thanks for your time in organizing this hop. It has been very fun!
I love your laundry room shot the most. I think part of what moves us in art is seeing ourselves reflected in what we're looking at. There's a sisterhood that we bond into when we see that every other woman is dealing with a very different life, but the same piles of laundry.
ReplyDelete(However, I form no bond with shots of other women's dry cleaning.)
Love seeing this!
I love how you "theme" your Twelve pictures. It is really hit or miss with me - but mostly I struggle to get in 12 shots. The funniest one was February - it was the day we flew home after a week at WDW. Here, I was taking HUNDREDS of pictures a day and then the next day, I couldn't manage 12! lol
ReplyDeletePS You and I live so close, yet so far away. There's a giant lake separating us! I'm in Milwaukee. :)
What a fun blog hop! Thanks for organizing it. Keep me in mind for the next one. I'd be glad to be a stop on the line.
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed your 12 on 12s. I like how they are coordinated.
ReplyDeleteI am doing 12 on 12 too and use the same format each month. A portrait of each family member, an item of their choosing, and then four more of my choice. I can't wait to have a year's set to look through.
I love your 12 on the 12th compilations! I never seem to be organized enough to do that on the 12th, it always seems to sneak up on me (funny, since it's the same day every month, LOL).
ReplyDeleteThanks for organizing the blog hop and for all of the support you provide on the forums and in the gallery!
Love your Take 12 pages! You do such a great job of capturing your everyday details Kathleen.
ReplyDeleteThank you for being such an important and energizing part of the CY365 community. And thank you also for organizing the blog hop! Couldn't do this without you my friend!