Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Using the LR4 Brush Tool

Here are the photos that I referred to in the CY365 Discussion Board.

This one has no brush adjustments.


In this one, I used the brush tool with masking to darken the background. It took just a few broad strokes with a large brush and was done.



I did the sunflower one just for a quick example.

Here is an example of when I used the brush tool "for real". In no way do I claim to be an expert, but I can see how the brush tool can be really beneficial.

Here is the original after following my usual post-processing algorythm.


 I thought the lady's dress was too dark so I used the brush tool to change the exposure just on her dress and this was the result. I probably could have then played around with darkening some of the bright light above Matthew but I did not. Other than my POTD, I don't intend on doing anything with this photo so I did not invest a ton of time these alterations.



Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment