I am taking Katrina Kennedy's Capture Your Kids' class. This week's assignment was to photograph the kids using catch lights. I thought, "Catch lights?"
The definition per Wikipedia is .... a term used to describe the highlight of a subject's eye from a light source. Adding a catch light can help draw attention to the subject's eyes, which may otherwise get lost among other elements in the scene."
So I tried. What I discovered is that I LOVE the afternoon light that streams in through our windows in the late afternoon. It helped to have a willing subject.
Matthew is so great about having his photo taken. He'll let me do it just about any time and anywhere. The other two - well - not so much. Caroline was jealous so she consented. Andrew was a baseball practice and I know would not have been happy to be photographed.
No comments:
Post a Comment