Saturday, May 14, 2011

Some Days It's All About Color

In looking at others' photos today, I viewed a photo of a silly band.  In thinking about it, I loved how the photographer captured a fad and important part of every day life.  I wondered if future generations will know what that dinosaur shaped thingy was all about.

Then, I went shopping.  And bought tampons.



When Proctor and Gamble introduced their new product as being "fun", I thought they were just ridiculous.  Sorry, P&G, nothing about a tampon is fun to me.

I swore I would never buy those colorfully wrapped tampons as I felt the new casing was just a marketing ploy.

But staring at the store shelf today and analyzing my options, I thought "Hmmm ... I need a photo for today .... I could be like Christi and show a fad."  So I broke down and bought them.

On the way home, I realized I really need to get over my issue with the packaging .... the colors are fun ... I would rather see the bright colors than the white ugly paper when I go scrounging for them in my purse. I KNOW that in my teenage years, I would have much preferred pretty packaging. 

I may not be as stubborn as I think I am - after all.  :0)

1 comment:

  1. I almost peed my pants when I read that this was photo of tampons. And then come to find out my silly band was the inspiration for the photo. Love it!

    ReplyDelete