Okay ... so I don't get it ... I mean I really don't get it .....
To be clear, 9-11 was horrific. As Americans, we changed because of terrorism or fears of it.
I know Bin Laden was a terrible man. I get it.
We needed to capture him - for our security, for our peace of mind. I get it.
The celebrations, the chanting in gladness over his death. I don't get it.
I did not like to see it when people of other countries celebrated when our people were killed. But I excused it off. They are different ... with different morals, different beliefs.
But in America?
We are the land of the free. We are supposed to stand up for what is right. We respect others.
When I heard the news last night, I wondered why he needed to die. Why couldn't they have captured him? My retired navy officer husband blatantly answered that they had to. I don't get it.
Am I glad he is captured? I am.
Do I feel better? Not really.
Am I conflicted? Absolutely.
I don't get it.
Totally agree with your thoughts, Kathleen. I don't get it, either.
ReplyDelete