Monday, August 26, 2013

August Blues

Every year it happens. The August Blues.

It's not that the summer is drawing to a close or it is hot beyond belief. It's about the teachers. Seems to never fail that August comes and we learn that at least one of our favorite teachers has moved on to a different school or decided to try something different in life. And I grieve.

Relationships with teachers has changed so much since I was in school. We communicate frequently with them. We share experiences. We text each other. We support each other. We are friends.

This year is Erin. She had such a positive influence on Andrew. She is his favorite. She always had a smile on her face. She made me chuckle each time she told me that our local weatherman reminded her of Andrew. It is because of her that I went to my first roller derby.

Best of luck to you, Erin! We'll miss you more than you know.

Life goes on, we will adjust but it just will not be the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment