Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Don't Miss "The King's Speech"



Tuesdays is often date day and today it was.  We saw "The King's Speech", starring Colin Firth and Jeffery Rush.  Both of us really enjoyed it and highly recommend it.  Actually, I'll go as far as to call it a must-see.  The movie is a true story.  Colin Firth plays chronic stutter who is in line to be King of England.  Jeffery Rush plays a speech therapist hired to help Colin deal with his stuttering.   Rough language accounts for the R rating.  If it were not for the muttering of a certain "f" word as part of a therapy exercise, I am sure it would be rated PG-13.

I am hoping this is nominated for an Academy Award for Best Picture.  Colin Firth deserves Best Actor and Jeffery Rush, Best Supporting Actor.

Walked out wanting to learn more about the Royal Family, who is related to who, and specifically, more about King George VI.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you took your camera along to the theater and took a picture of your treats! Love the photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredible movie! I'd like to see it again! Oh, by the way, I ate the popcorn in photo; loudly.

    ReplyDelete