Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I Can't Be Prouder!

When I dreamed of having a daughter, I dreamed of the ribbons and bows and pretty dresses.  When my lovely daughter arrived, I loved snuggling.  I loved every minute with her.  Time flew so fast and now she is six.  She is fun, independent, stubborn, a tomboy, a girlie girl, very concerned about fashion, willing to try anything, adores her brothers, loves her daddy, and loves to spend time with her mommy.

Early on, I thought about what I wanted to teach her.  I want her to know she can do anything no matter what.  I want her to be confident and strong.  I want her to have all the good the world can offer her. We have come up with a little three word phrase we use to sum this all up. 

Today, her teacher met me in the hallway.  She came looking for me.  Her class consists of first, second and third graders.  Of all the kids in the class, my little girl, a first grader, was voted class "President".  The other students selected her because she exemplified the qualities of a leader.

I could not be prouder.  Girl Power Up, little girl!  I love you so much!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment