Sunday, January 2, 2011

Photo Walk

I am all into tradition.  So when Katrina Kennedy posted about her New Year's tradition of going on a photo walk and published her prompts, I was all for it.  Except she is in California.  And we are in Northern Michigan.

So, we get ready.  Four layers of clothing.  Heavy winter jacket.  Hat plus hood.  Two pairs of gloves.  Hand warmers.  Wool socks.  Extra warm boots.   Plus the camera.

Could not convince the eleven year old to join us but everyone else was in.  Out we went, list of prompts in hand, ready to inaugurate another New Year's weekend tradition.   Ready to take some beauties. 

We shot photos for an hour and a half.  Have to admit, it was nice to be outside and get the fresh air.  At about the same time, we all knew we had enough.  Got home and reviewed the 208 photos I took.

This one is the best .....


.......  Lunch at the local coffee shop where we went to warm up.  The other photos were nowhere near as good.

Not sure if we will adopt this tradition after all. 

1 comment:

  1. I checker out the Flickr site - looks like a cool thing to do w/ the kids

    ReplyDelete